Drivers License

DHVMV Florida Driver License and Motor Vehicle Service Center

1331 South Blvd., Suite 101, Chipley
(850) 638-6284
Monday – Friday

No medical re-exams at this location

PLEASE NOTE - The New Document Requirements

For office visits, Florida law requires the department see proof of identification, proof of date of birth, proof of residential address, and proof of social security number from all customers before driver license and identification cards can be issued. The name assigned to the social security number must match the name that will appear on the Florida driver license or identification card. If you have recently changed your name, update your records with the Social Security Administration before you apply for your license or identification card



BRING ONE original or certified copy of the following documents:

Note: A birth certificate must be issued by a government agency. Hospital birth certificates cannot be accepted.

  • Certified U.S. birth certificate
  • Valid U.S. passport
  • Certificate of naturalization
  • Consular proof of birth abroad
  • Alien registration receipt card (green card, form I-551)

Proof of Social Security Number

BRING ONE original of the following documents that show your complete name

  • Social Security Card
  • W-2 Form
  • Pay check showing number
  • Any 1099 form

Proofs of Residential Address (not post office box)

BRING TWO different documents from the following list showing your residential address: (Internet printouts or faxes of these documents are acceptable)

Note: Your current driver license or ID card may not be used as proof of residential address. Proof must come from two different types of sources.

  • Deed, mortgage, payment booklet, or rental agreement
  • Florida vehicle registration or title
  • Utility bill or hookup/work order
  • Statement from person you live with along with two address documents in that person's name

Proof of Name Change

If you have ever legally changed your name by marriage or court order, you must submit the original or a certified copy of your marriage certificate or court order. No photocopies will be accepted unless certified by the issuing authority. For multiple name changes, you must show a document trail linking your current name to your chosen proof of identity. Marriage licenses must be from a governmental agency. Church issued licenses cannot be accepted.

If presenting a valid U.S. Passport and the name on your passport is your current name, you are not required to present additional name change documents

To see if you are eligible to re-new online: